Sunday, April 22, 2007

Blind Squid

Well, I had a very odd day. Yesterday has given me inspiration for the new play. You know the one i'm supposed to be developing with Stephen Lowe and TWP that I havent even thought about yet...

Well, I woke up actually quite happy with the world and (hormones - I blame hormones) actually feeling wuite loved up and into "The Boyfriend" (no - I dont mean like that!). I was all like "aww, he's soooo sweet" and "He's really cute" (cue puke noises) but it made me think about the theme behind my new weird play. It's gonna be about a relationship between 2 people, possibly a 2 hander, in fact, and how it donsent work (oh, I'm so cheary). Its gonna be about a primitive society and some person who is from a different world. Its some crazy metaphor for people's relationships and how class can effect it. the boy made out of stars and the cave woman and their weird relationship... I dunno. It's gonna be one of those weird marxist plays about (cue Frank Gallighar) "society" and the individual concept of contentment and happiness.

Anyway - yeah, yesterday was weird. I forgot that my dad is a massive racist! forgot to the point that he even married a chinese woman and had 2 little mixed race kids...

2 comments:

Lucy Ann Wade said...

You'll have to fill me in on your weekend!

New play sounds interesting and weird - are you saying that you're the cave woman? When we went to the Court last week, we saw Stephen Lowe's script in the bookshop there. Obviously didn't buy it though!

Sabrina Mei-Li Smith said...

no, im saying that its about relationships surviving out of class predjuice... cave people is just an elaborate metaphor.... hehehe.... getting weirder in my old age!