Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Beauty

is a word that I really can't spell at the best of times, but its a theme that is connected wth feminist writing and feminism, so I suppose it could really apply to my stuff and my attitudes towards it could have some type of impact (?)

Actaully it really all stemmed from a friend of mine having a dream about my attitudes towards beauty. somehting to do with me looking like lyndsy lohan and then going mad and getting a tramp to remove my eyes ...

So, I remember when i was at uni and I read an essay on make up and beauty, it hinted that vanity was poisonous and that make up was poison that slowly killed hte wearer of the make up (mental)

and how does beauty really apply into my writing situation? Well my characters are weird when it comes to beauty.they dress oddly, bury their clothes and go to fancy dress parties.

they dress for times past way before their real time, are models and burlesque strippers.

what does it all mean???

3 comments:

Lucy Ann Wade said...

Hey, don't take my crazy dream seriously!!

You should read 'The Beauty Myth' by Naomi Wolf. I would lend it to you, but I'm really anal about people borrowing my books. (Monica).

Sabrina Mei-Li Smith said...

Oh i've read that!

morphean ramble said...

I haven't.

But I have read some books about anal